5-6 Weeks Before Your Move
- Think about the exact date you want to move.
- Start planning your move.
- Decide what you want to take with you to your new home and what you are leaving behind. A floor plan of your new home may help you decide.
- You might need furniture for your new home. Start ordering them now.
- If you think you’ll need extra storage space, book it now. Super Budget Movers has a wide variety of storage facilities.
- Decide if you are packing yourself or ordering a packing service and plan accordingly.
- Start researching your new area or the country you are moving to. If you familiarize yourself with the local community or the new culture ahead of time, the move will be much smoother.
3-4 Weeks Before Your Move
- Confirm the date of the move with your moving company.
- Arrange childcare for the moving day – Although older children may well want to be involved in your move, and even help you pack and organize some things, you may decide that it will be less stressful for younger children if you arrange them to go to relatives or friends on a moving day.
- Make arrangements for moving your pets – Moving can be very disruptive for pets so you may want to ask a vet for specialist advice on taking care of your animals during the move.
- Take a full inventory and start sorting out your belongings.
- Clear out unwanted belongings – Planning a fresh start in your new home is an ideal time to clear out any unwanted belongings. You can give these items to friends and family, or hold a garage sale. Local charity shops will also welcome smaller items such as books, ornaments, some furniture or clothing.
- Get the essential moving supplies.
- Start packing items you don’t use very often and start emptying your freezer.
2 Weeks Before Your Move
- Notify your essential service providers, banks and any other financial institutions, about your move. You will need to arrange for water, gas and electricity meter readings on the day of your move. Make sure that all services are connected in your new home the day you move in.
- Transfer your phone number – Have your telephone number transferred or changed.
- Arrange for your post to be redirected.
- Organize the disconnection and reconnection of domestic appliances, like your washing machine, cooker, and gas fires.
- Plan the moving day in detail.
- Decide how you are going to transport your valuable items, like jewelry, money and antiques and your plants and pets.
- Finalize everything with your moving company. Confirm arrival dates, addresses, and think about parking facilities for the removal van.
1 Weeks Before Your Move
- Finish packing all non-essential items and clean the house thoroughly.
- Check attic, garage, and basement for items you might have forgotten.
- Put all important documents in one box or bag which you will move – this should include passports, driving licenses, wills, birth certificates, insurance papers, cash and jewelry.
- Defrost and clean your fridge and freezer.
- Cancel any regular deliveries you have to your present home, like milk or newspapers.
The Day Before You Move
- If you have ordered our professional packing service, you have to prepare some things to make the packing as fast as possible – You can usually leave drawers and trunks with their contents intact, provided there are no breakable items inside. If you do this, however, it is your responsibility to point out to the crew drawers, wardrobes, cupboards and other containers that have ‘out of sight’ items within.
- Liquids, oils and paints must be placed into sealed containers. We cannot transport inflammable material, so, neither or nor, dispose of these safely.
- Empty all bins; it is your responsibility to ensure that all bins are emptied of contents. Removal crew will not carry any type of receptacle containing refuse. This is particularly important when your goods are due to go into storage for a period of time.
Put Together a ‘do not remove pile
- Essential things that you do not want us to remove, such as snacks, handbags, or cleaning materials.
The Moving Day
- You can now leave the hard work to us, but there are a few essential things you will need to take care of.
- Be present when the movers arrive and answer their questions when necessary.
- Check the condition of your belongings as they are being loaded.
- Perform final checks before leaving your home – Make sure that meter readings are taken, that water and power supply are turned off, and that doors and windows are closed.
- Make sure that you are not leaving anything behind. Walk around your property, ideally with the foreman of our removal crew to check that nothing has been overlooked.
- Drop keys at the estate agents if you need to.
- Make sure that you have exchanged contact numbers with our removal team, and arrange a time to meet them at your new home.
- When you walk into your new home, don’t start unpacking right away. Give yourself some time to enjoy your new home, sit down and relax. The most stressful part of the move is over. Only start unpacking when you feel relaxed and energetic.
- If you have requested an unpacking service, please assist the crew in ensuring that items are placed in the appropriate rooms. You will need to place items such as clothes into wardrobes and cupboards.
- Our removal crew will remove the majority of debris from packing materials, however, if there are any left behind or you have asked to complete the unpacking, please contact Super Budget via the number from your home number. We will then arrange for a convenient day to collect the materials so they can be recycled.
Super Budget Movers
Dubai Down Town ,
Office # 501,
Phone / Fax: +9710503543944